From September 2017 our PE and Sports premium funding allocation has been doubled to £17,140. This money is funded in part by the Government 'Sugartax' on soft drinks and is intended to be used by schools to promote sports and good health for all children.
At Banks Road we are using our Sports Premium funding to
- Employ specialist sports coaches from Major Oak sports coaching company to teach two Key Stage 1 PE lessons per week.
- Purchase / develop resources needed in order to teach physical education as part of the national curriculum.
- Employ specialist sports coaches from Major Oak sports coaching company to teach 1 formal PE lesson each week in Foundation stage 2 as part of our transition timetable into Key Stage 1.
- Continue to raise the profile of an active and healthy lifestyle within our school through healthy lifestyles weeks and days and through supporting National Initiatives such as walk to school week and Sport Relief.
- Provide opportunities for children to participate in additional competitions such as the Key Steps Gymnastics competition in December and the Cheerleading festival in March.
- Support whole school improvement actions on well being and mental health.