Extended Hours Funding
(30 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year)
We can provide extended hours funding for 3 and 4 year olds.
You are eligible for extended hours funding if :
- Both parents earn the equivalent of 16 hours @ national living wage per week
- Neither parent earns more than £100,000 a year
You can use your funding …
- To pay for nursery education sessions
- To pay for wraparound childcare: breakfast club, lunch club and after school club
- In more than one setting eg. nursery, childminder, holiday club.
- Across the whole year and not just during term time
At Banks Road we offer 15 hours standard funding for all applications and then offer additional hours up to the 30 hours funding in accordance with our Nursery admissions policy.
Here is what you need to do :
1. Visit the Childcare choices website following the link below and apply for your 30 hours funded entitlement code. This process should take about 20 minutes and you will need your passport, national insurance number and a phone number for verification and identification as you apply.
2. Print off and complete the Nottinghamshire County Council parental declaration form below and return it to school before the end of August 2021. This document cannot be completed online as we need original signatures.
3. Look out for the HMRC text or email reminders and renew your eligibility code each term so that you continue to get your funding.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU GET YOUR ELIGIBILITY CODE AND COMPLETE YOUR PARENTAL DECLARATION FORM BEFORE THE END OF SUMMER TERM. IT IS TOO LATE IN SEPTEMBER AND YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING UNTIL JANUARY IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE.
If you are having any difficulties obtaining your 30 hours funded entitlement code then there are two additional information leaflets published by the local authority below which may answer your questions. Alternatively please come and ask the Nursery teacher or any of our Office staff and we will do our best to help.